Author Topic: Logging company VW Single Cab  (Read 2168 times)

Offline hank

Logging company VW Single Cab
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:29:24 PM »
Hi Gang,
I'm trying to find out which logging company painted their VW's Orange and white. My 1958 single cab came from the Vancouver area

In 1969 I worked in Terrace BC for Twin Rivers Timber Company servicing their VW double cabs. All those transporters were white

any information would appreciated
thanks
hank

Offline 52 split

Re: Logging company VW Single Cab
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 06:43:55 AM »
that's more likely a M@B truck. look in the working type two thread. most likely from Powell river division of M@B.that orange is more likely faded red. all M@B vehicle's were red and white. i still work for one of their old divisions. abeit new owners

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 07:37:58 AM »
Sure looks like M&B's colors, MacBlo red was very orange looking when along side more common reds. Odd that they would have a VW in the fleet, they were rather fond of thier Ford products at that time, maybe it got a paintjob so it would blend in at the company shop during maintenance and the supervisor wouldn't notice?
Any logo remnants on the doors?
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline 52 split

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:49:12 AM »
they had a fleet of them , mostly cause they could work or go up a 30 degree slope unlike a ford.

Offline hank

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:58:20 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys
no logos that I can see
it does have "repent a$$hole" spray painted on the passenger door
the PO made a lot of religious signs and had them all over his property. He even had a large truck with signs all over it and must have pizzed off somebody
cheers
Hank

Offline Jeremy59

• AirSpeed Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 09:52:39 AM »
Solid looking truck Hans. Looks like the PO had a fleet in his yard. Is that a window bus in the background of the second picture? Kind of looks like Steveo's bus.

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 11:26:26 PM »
Most definitely an M&B SC as there used to be lots of those around Vancouver Island mills shop yards tossed to the way side :( 
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 10:43:28 PM »
...My 1958 single cab came from the Vancouver area

very cool truck hank!! might be time to call macblo & see if they have any archived docs/pics or info handy!!

...In 1969 I worked in Terrace BC for Twin Rivers Timber Company servicing their VW double cabs. All those transporters were white...

that reminded me of this guys story and his double cab...

He estimates he'll spend 100 hours just replacing rusty body metal on a very rare 1965 double-cab Volkswagen truck that once did service for the provincial government in British Columbia.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/vast-vintage-volkswagen-collection-near-110000164.html

...Is that a window bus in the background of the second picture? Kind of looks like Steveo's bus.

i was looking at that too! definately looks like an early sealing wax red & chestnut brown 23 window deluxe! is it steveo's or is it still out there...?!?!  :cool:

Offline hank

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
Yes I still have the 1956 Deluxe micro bus with sunroof I've had it since 1968 many miles and many engines
Its time will come to get on the rotisserie
cheers
Hank

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 10:40:24 PM »
Yes I still have the 1956 Deluxe micro bus with sunroof I've had it since 1968 many miles and many engines
Its time will come to get on the rotisserie
cheers
Hank

hey hank...here is a crazy idea...backburner everything else and bump that 56 deluxe to the top of the queue and do a quick mechanical resto (stopping, starting, driving, lighting) so you can drive it and celebrate 50 years of ownership in 2018!!  :cool:

Offline hank

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 04:12:56 PM »
sounds like a good idea Silas
now to pull it off
cheers
hank