Author Topic: commercial shoot  (Read 957 times)

Online Alp

• I’m not your type. I’m not inflatable.
commercial shoot
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »
  Our house got short listed for a commercial and the producer and his group came through today.  They were here from England.  I had my 67 panel in the driveway when they arrived.  The producer stayed and looked at the bus, and my other VW's in the garage, while everyone else looked at the house.  Turns out he has a 69 westy, a Rometsch ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnyghia1302/8663304328/ ) and also a 54 Beetle.  This is the second time this has happened.  A while back there was a commercial for some paper towels.  The producer was from Germany.  They saw the garage and was thinking of using it in the commercial along with the house.  I had them stand out in front of the roll up door and they were shocked at seeing to antique VW's (60 SC and the Ghia).  I thought we had that commercial in the bag but it didn't come our way.  Now we will see what happens with the "shutterfly" commercial.

The build of his car:
  http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549538&highlight=lawrence+arizona
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:30:48 PM by Alp »

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
Re: commercial shoot
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 11:28:29 PM »
That's a super kewl story , hope you get it a in the commercial , update us on this one for sure :)
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)

Online Alp

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »
so we got the commercial...now if I can slip in one of my cars in the background....

Offline WESTY69

• Just Slam it and Drive It !!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 01:56:26 PM »
Woooooohooooo , that's fricken awesome , congrats :)
Those that mind , don't matter !!
Those that matter , don't mind :)

Offline beetlemandan

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 03:40:59 PM »
how does a house get "short listed" for a commercial? you got me curious...
the customer is always wrong

Online Alp

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 05:15:27 PM »
houses are listed with production groups and location scouts.  From there they get picked through till 3 or 4 are selected to view by the producer etc.

Offline Herrlowlight

• OldBusBoy
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 08:25:19 PM »
Alp. don't let anybody from their crew attempt to drive your cars. I let a few "tv" shoots rent my bus and the last time I went to pick it up it wouldn't go into gear. That wasn't worth the rental.

Trevor
1968 912
1958 Kombi

Online Alp

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
I drive or no one drives...  they paid us to bring out our dragbikes one time for a television shoot.  I had a 400 hp Harley nitrous pro gas bike and my friends had their nitromethane bikes.  It started snowing and they told us not to worry and go ahead a race...they could edit out the snow....