Author Topic: Hebrod Update #7  (Read 7419 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Hebrod Update #7
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:11:26 AM »
Sat we headed down to Monroe WA to check out the vintage car swap meet and look for a few items.
I managed to find a few of the things I needed for the project, below are a few pic's.

I bought this 36 Ford front end, It has mechanical brakes so I'll be changing those to a later Hyd style.

The front end has no "drop" to it so I may mount it a little higher or have a drop done to it.

Here it is after de-greasing and blasting, I borrowed this model "A" spring to test fit. It will need to be de arced and a few leafs removed.

I also located the lights I wanted, These are from a 30's Dbl decker bus and were on many other vehicles (note turn signal on top)

I also Bought a set of cool Ford V8 hub caps....Bullet holes and all :rockon:

I spent a bunch of time working on freeing stiff door hinges, patching rust holes and other little things that take more time than you think. The rear seat area is now taking shape, I finished the kick panel area and have started to work on the seat frame and making the seat fold down. The folding part of the seat has been a PITA! It's hard to make it look good in the upright position and lay flat when down.

And the seat in the down position.

Thats it for this weekend!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 11:17:46 AM by Gkafer »